Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Old Town and Rules of the Road

So yesterday I went to Old Town with some of my companeros to just walk around and see what it was about. And it was amazingly beautiful with narrow streets and colorful buildings with these big old churches. You could look up to the mountains ringed with clouds and look out and across to the other side of the mountain where the colorful buildings kind of stretch up the side of the mountain. It is like houses lapping the sides of the mountains. But never any houses on top. It looks beautiful. Unfortunately I didn´t bring my camera.
The craziest part was the taxi ride there! I have been on roller coasters with less of a grade than these hills. And made out of cobblestones so the taxi is jerking down the hill in absolutely bumber to bumber traffic. Not because there are a lot of cars but that is just how they drive all the time.
My next fun fact: rules of the road are about who has the biggest cajones. If you want to walk out in front of a taxi that just cut off a truck and a bus then you have the right away. If you are merging and just put your car as close as possible to the others then you can get in. They also drive as fast as possible at all times. They also use the horn to kind of let people know they are there. Like when running red lights...
I´m still alive and even survived a Salsa class!

1 comment:

  1. Why did you not bring a camera? Did I not teach you anything :-)

    ReplyDelete